» Renovation Construction
Renovation • Historical Buildings
|Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
Washington, District of Columbia
The AcornVac System can be of tremendous benefit in the renovation of historical buildings in which both mechanical design and preservation of the existing structure must be taken into consideration.
Construction Benefits of Vacuum Plumbing
- Renovation and Historical Projects – Accommodates restrictive site and structural concerns, no trenching or cutting of slab. The piping system provides flexibility in plumbing fixture layout and building design.
- Remodels – Installation is quick and easy. It can be performed after-hours, eliminating customer inconvenience and liability issues. Since the plumbing is done within the envelope of the building there is no washed out concrete slab or rain delays. There is no cutting into the existing electrical, refrigeration or sewer lines.
- Open Architectural Design – Enhances space utilization as it requires less space to install. The piping system is installed overhead with other mechanical or electrical systems. It eliminates the need to provide vent and waste stacks, thus reducing material and labor costs.
- Facility Use – Allows existing buildings to be developed when traditional systems are cost prohibitive, due to:
- Structural limitations such as a post tension slab;
- Restrictive site issues like bedrock, inappropriate inverts, or a historical building categorization; or
- Embedded contaminant in the floor or slab similar to asbestos or other pollutants.
- Fixture Placement – In an existing building plumbing fixtures and refrigeration systems can be relocated or added to any part of the building. The space can be adapted to new occupant or design needs. Turn any space into valuable space with a versatile plumbing system!
Renovation Construction Collateral
How it Works Vacuum Drainage System Illustration (Video)
Plumbing Engineer, 2008 - "Vacuum Plumbing and Waste Drainage Systems"
PM Engineer, February 2008 - “The Next Frontier, Vacuum Plumbing Systems
Introduction to Vacuum Sewage and Plumbing Systems and FAQs
Design Freedom with Vacuum Plumbing
AcornVac Vacuum Plumbing Systems - Trouble Shooting Guide
Estimated Water Savings Calculation Using Vacuum Flush Toilets - Commercial Office Building
Estimated Water Savings Calculation Using Vacuum Flush Toilets -Typical Department Store
AcornVac Cost Calculation Table
An Introduction to Vacuum Sewage and Plumbing System
Vacuum Waste System Schematic
Vacuum Plumbing Systems - Future Frontiers for Plumbing Design
Extreme Water Savings - The Next Frontier in Drainage and Plumbing Systems
Introduction to AcornVac Vacuum Plumbing Systems
Vacuum Toilet Demonstration